The Firm provides legal assistance to all sort of major sports’ entities, namely National and Regional Associations, Leagues, Clubs, Players, Coaches, Intermediaries, as well as investors in general, having an extensive experience in contractual, commercial and disciplinary issues, either at a negotiation or litigation stages, before national and international sports instances, as well as Common Courts in Portugal and Brazil, namely within the following subjects:
- Draft and review of Statutes and Sports Regulations (Clubs, Leagues, National and Regional Associations);
- Legal disputes before the Union des Associations Européenes de Football (UEFA), the Confédération Africaine de Football (CAF), the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and the Court of Arbitration for Sport, Lausanne (CAS):
FIFA Training Compensation;
- FIFA Solidarity Contribution;
- Disputes between clubs in matters concerning international transfers of players;
- Disciplinary matters before UEFA, CAF, FIFA & CAS;
- Labour disputes involving Clubs, Associations, Players and Coaches;
- Players’ registration, including minors, in case of international transfers or first registrations;
- Registration and Protection of industrial property rights related to Sports (Registration of Trade Marks and Logos);
- Incorporation and Acquisition of Sports joined-stock companies;
- Negotiation, Modification and Extinction of agreements involving Broadcasting Rights;
- Negotiation, Modification and Extinction of agreements involving Players’ transfers;
- Negotiation, Modification and Extinction of Sponsorship and Image Rights Contracts;
- Negotiation, Modification and Extinction of Representation Agreements (Clubs, Players and Coaches);
- Negotiation, Modification and Extinction of labour contracts (Clubs, players and Coaches).
Why chose us
Sports Law being the core of the Firm, we provide specialized services regarding the vast majority of sports related issues, particularly at international level (Confederations, FIFA & CAS).
Our Clients, from around the world, rely on the solid expertise of the Firm, acquired over nearly two decades of experience at the highest level, having at their disposal a multidisciplinary legal and admninistrative team with a vast and broaden knowledge of the international regulations and frameworks.
The clients’ satisfaction is the Firm’s main priority, for which it highly contributes our success rate also with high profile disputes, as a result of the acquired know-how which enables the Firm to address the main obstacles faced by African and Asian football stakeholders, such as contractual instability between clubs and professionals, the lack of understanding about training compensation mechanisms, players’ age related issues and governance regulation.
The Firm relies on an international network of offices (extended to local partners) with a deep knowledge of the African and Asian football market, including in its staff, some extremely qualified professionals with previous successful leadership at high level projects within the African continent.